Shindig Shawl Kit
Not quite a full shawl, not quite a scarf; the Shindig Shawl is a perfect multi-season layer. Its eclectic mix of stripes and lace make for an engaging knit that is accessible for a range of skill levels. Go bold with high contrast, or stick with soft tonal colors; either way, you’re sure to reach for your Shindig again and again when you want to add a fun and easy accent to any outfit.
Each season, we spotlight a pattern by a BIPOC (Black/Indigenous/Person of Color) designer, and donate 10% of the proceeds from yarn purchases for that project to a good cause.
Through to the end of the year we will feature the Shindig Shawl by Sachiko Burgin. A portion of the yarn sales to make this shawl will be donated to Second Chance Foods. Second Chance Foods rescues food that would otherwise go to waste, transforms it and brings it to the tables of hungry people in the Hudson Valley.
This kit includes one skein of Cascade Llamerino and two skeins of Stolen Stitches Nua, plus the Shindig knitting pattern.
Please keep in mind that product colors may appear differently on your screen than they do in real life.
- Yarn Used::
- 1 skein Cascade Llamerino and 2 skeins Stolen Stitches Nua
- Colors for Kit 1::
- Llamerino in Charcoal and Nua in Cafe Flamingo
- Colors for Kit 2::
- Llamerino in Ecru and Nua in Rolling Bales
- Colors for Kit 3::
- Llamerino in Blue Shadow and Nua in Late Night Blues
- Colors for Kit 4::
- Llamerino in Almond and Nua in Frog On The Wall
- Colors for Kit 5:
- Llamerino in Henna and Nua in Cerebellum
- Recommended Needle Size::
- US 5/3.75mm and US6 /4.0mm circular knitting needle at least 32 inches long.
- Special Considerations::
- Our version of Shindig knit in a sport weight yarn is slightly smaller then that of the pattern which was knit in a DK weight yarn. In order to achieve the same sized shawl as the pattern you will need one extra skein of Cascade Llamerino.